Treatment of hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating
Hyperhidrosis is an increase in perspiration in certain body areas, such as the axillae (armpits), hands, feet, scalp… Apart from the effects of the heat or physical exercise, these areas are particularly sensitive to emotional stimuli. As a result, they may be affected by a disproportionate and very uncomfortable increase in the secretion of the sweat glands for the person suffering from this condition.
Besides the bother and discomfort, hyperhidrosis causes other complications, namely:
- An unpleasant odour in the axillae, feet, etc.
- A social and emotional impact. Excessive sweating may generate a feeling of shame or embarrassment in anyone suffering from it because the symptoms are clearly visible: moist or wet clothes, droplets of sweat or even moist hands. This condition limits the social and occupational relationships of many people.
The treatment of hyperhidrosis yields good results from both the dermatological and psychological standpoint, as it eliminates or mitigates, in very simple fashion, suffering that can nowadays be avoided.
The treatment of hyperhidrosis involves a personalised preliminary study and an evaluation of each patient’s causes and symptoms. The most common treatment consists of botulinum toxin injections in the area to be treated, which blocks the nerves that activate the sweat glands.
The treatment of hyperhidrosis with botulinum toxin delivers a very substantial and virtually immediate improvement. Furthermore, it acts with the utmost precision and is also painless, involving few risks and no recovery period. Only the affected areas are treated and the treatment is repeated every 5-6 months, as needed.
The treatment is provided on an outpatient basis and is totally painless, since it is performed under local anaesthesia, meaning that the patient feels no pain whatsoever during the application.
Normally, this treatment is applied to the axillae, hands, feet and head.
What does it include?
- An appointment for evaluation
- A treatment session
- A subsequent follow-up appointment
- Clinical history
- No procedure or test not specifically indicated in the preceding section.
- Reserving this service guarantees the quality care of the Centro Médico Albar.
- It includes the first visit, and you are under no obligation to go ahead with the treatment.
- You will receive an email with all the details of the reservation and you can make an appointment either by calling the centre or else via WhatsApp.
- Remember that you have 1 month to have the first appointment and take a decision with no obligation whatsoever.
- After your appointment with the doctor, you can ask all the questions you want and you are free to decide whether or not you wish to go ahead with the treatment.
(IMPORTANT: the down payment that you made on making your reservation will be deducted from the final cost of the treatment).
- If for medical reasons you were unable to undergo the treatment, the amount of the down payment will be regarded as payment of the appointment with the doctor and you will not be charged any additional amount.
- If the specialist considers that you are suitable for the treatment but for reasons beyond the control of Centro Médico Albar you decide not to go ahead with it, the down payment will not be returned to you.
- You can schedule the date on which you will have the treatment to suit your needs.
- You are advised to make an appointment as soon as possible in order to get the most convenient date.
- Payment will be made by means of credit/debit card online through the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA).
Treatment of hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on 93 261 14 80 or text us on WhatsApp on 613 00 28 35. You can also contact us by email at: email@example.com. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 8 pm. We will reply as soon as possible.