Phimosis with CO2 laser
CO₂ laser is an innovative high-precision instrument used to perform painless surgery. It cuts and cauterises the tissues with precision at the same time, thus guaranteeing rapid healing and recovery.
Phimosis is a problem that only affects men and is caused by a narrow opening of the foreskin, which cannot be pulled back partially or totally past the glans. Although it is not popularly believed to be a serious condition, great care should be taken with it, since if it goes untreated and proper hygiene measures are not applied it could even lead to penile cancer. Phimosis can involve symptoms such as:
- Problems with urinating.
- Painful sexual intercourse.
- Infections such as balanitis (glans infection).
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Urinary retention.
- The appearance of paraphimosis.
There are two types of phimosis:
- Congenital phimosis is the most frequent cause of phimosis and occurs mainly in small children, although it can also appear in adults at the beginning of sexual activity, for example. It can be solved naturally with the growth of the child.
- Acquired phimosis occurs mainly in adults and the main cause is a recurring infection of the genital area. It is normally caused by balanoposthitis (infection of the glans and foreskin). It normally requires surgery.
The treatment of phimosis with CO2 laser is performed when the phimosis does not remit alone and if deemed convenient by the specialist physician.
Phimosis with CO2 laser is a completely painless outpatient operation performed under local anaesthesia and consists of removing the excess skin from the foreskin so that the penis can emerge.
CO2 laser has heralded a major technological breakthrough in the treatment of phimosis since it allows the condition to be treated very precisely, with few risks and with a short recovery time. CO2 laser performs very precise incisions and cauterises the dissected tissue, thus reducing the risk of bleeding, bruising and inflammation. Since the tissues are cauterised, healing is much faster and less troublesome than conventional surgery. It also delivers a more aesthetic finish to the area thanks to the high-precision cutting.
The treatment is provided on an outpatient basis and is totally painless, since it is performed under local anaesthesia or conscious sedation, meaning that the patient will feel no pain whatsoever during the operation.
What does it include?
- Informative appointment.
- Phimosis with CO2 laser.
- All the subsequent follow-up appointments.
- When you make the reservation, we guarantee the price with the applicable discount.
- Financing can be arranged.
- Hypothetical complications of the surgery.
- Reserving this service guarantees the quality care of the Centro Médico Albar.
- It includes the first visit, and you are under no obligation to go ahead with the treatment.
- You will receive an email with all the details of the reservation and you can make an appointment either by calling the centre or else via WhatsApp.
- Remember that you have 1 month to have the first appointment and take a decision with no obligation whatsoever.
- After your appointment with the doctor, you can ask all the questions you want and you are free to decide whether or not you wish to go ahead with the treatment.
(IMPORTANT: the down payment that you made on making your reservation will be deducted from the final cost of the treatment).
- If for medical reasons you were unable to undergo the treatment, the amount of the down payment will be regarded as payment of the appointment with the doctor and you will not be charged any additional amount.
- If the specialist considers that you are suitable for the treatment but for reasons beyond the control of Centro Médico Albar you decide not to go ahead with it, the down payment will not be returned to you.
- You can schedule the date on which you will have the treatment to suit your needs.
- You are advised to make an appointment as soon as possible in order to get the most convenient date.
- Payment will be made by means of credit/debit card online through the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA).
Phimosis with CO2 laser. If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on 93 261 14 80 or text us on WhatsApp on 613 00 28 35. You can also contact us by email at: email@example.com. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 8 pm. We will reply as soon as possible.