Skin cancer is a serious malignant disease that must be treated as soon as possible by dermatology specialists. The best way to address this disease is through prevention.
Skin cancer is the uncontrolled division of the skin cells. It tends to appear in people above the age of 30 years, although it is not exclusive to adults as children can also get it. This disease is associated with:
- Major exposure to the sun.
- Frequent burns.
- People with light-coloured skin.
Skin cancer is characterised by the emergence of gradually-growing skin lesions.
The most frequent symptoms of skin cancer are:
- Moles, sores, protuberances, blemishes, marks or unusual changes in the appearance of an area of the skin.
- A change in the sensation of an area of the skin.
The most basic rule for distinguishing between a suspicious mole and a totally healthy one is the “ABCDE” rule: It consists of:
- A: Asymmetry of the mole.
- B: Presence of irregular or jagged Borders.
- C: Presence of multiple uneven Colours.
- D: A mole with an increased Diameter.
- E: The mole has Evolved over time.
Our dermatologists can perform a meticulous and detailed examination to make an early diagnosis of premalignant lesions and indicate treatment depending on the lesion. To perform this examination, our specialists use the most advanced technology available at this moment in time, namely digital epiluminescence. These non-invasive instruments allow us to explore nevi and moles in real time by means of augmented photographs.
The advantage of digital epiluminescence is that it allows us to monitor possible lesions objectively over time. At subsequent visits, the specialist will be able to compare the evolution of the lesion over time and detect possible changes or characteristics that will tell him or her that a lesion that originally seemed to be benign is now malignant.
Cancer prevention is the best “treatment” currently available, since it enables us to treat and monitor all the areas of the skin that are prone to malignancy.
Prevention every 6 to 7 months is recommended. Nevertheless, the specialist will set the date they deem most convenient for the health of our patients.
What does it include?
- An appointment with the dermatologist.
- Digital control of freckles and warts (maximum 12).
- A report by the specialist.
- Other complementary tests.
- Purchasing this service guarantees the quality care of the Centro Médico Albar.
- Once you have purchased the service, no further payment will be necessary.
- You will receive an email with all the details of the reservation and you can make an appointment either by calling the centre or else via WhatsApp.
- You are advised to make an appointment as soon as possible in order to get the most convenient date.
- If the specialist ultimately considers that the treatment is not convenient for you, the amount will be refunded to you, except for the doctor’s appointment fee. The refund will be made by means of a transfer to the account number and beneficiary indicated by you.
- If you wish to cancel the service, you will receive a refund of the amount you paid minus 2% by way of expenses if you cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment. You should send an email to email@example.com stating the reasons for cancelling, the bank account number for payment and the account holder’s name. If the cancellation is requested on the day of the appointment, 10% of the amount you paid will be deducted by way of expenses.
- If for reasons of force majeure the Centro Médico Albar cannot offer you the service on the day of your appointment, you will be offered a change of date or a full refund of any amount you paid up front.
- Payment will be made by means of credit/debit card online through the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA).
- Remember that you have 2 months to use the service.
Skin cancer prevention unit. If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on 93 261 14 80 or text us on WhatsApp on 613 00 28 35. You can also contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 8 pm. We will reply as soon as possible.